Detroit, USA – 15 January 2018
Koenigsegg Automotive will make its Detroit debut at the 2018 North American International Auto Show.
Koenigsegg will display an Agera RS at the Michelin stand in Hall B.
The vehicle on display is the actual car that set a new production car top speed record and four other speed records on November 4, 2017, in Pahrump, Nevada. The Agera RS, one of 25 built in regular series, is fitted with a 1-megawatt engine producing 1,360hp and 1,011 ft lbs of torque.
The records set by the Agera RS in November 2017 are:
– The highest top speed achieved by a production vehicle (two-way average) – 447.19 km/h (277.87mph)
– 0-400-0 km/h – 33.29 seconds
– Flying kilometer on a public road (two-way average) – 445.63 km/h (276.9 mph)
– Flying mile on a public road (two-way average) – 444.76 km/h (276.36 mph)
– Highest speed achieved on a public road (single direction) – 457.94 km/h (284.55 mph)
Michelin’s Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires are standard fitment on every Agera RS and were used while breaking these five speed records in Nevada. In fact, the Michelins performed so well during Koenigsegg’s high speed campaign in Nevada that only one set of tires was used to achieve all five records.
Christian von Koenigsegg:
“Koenigsegg’s partnership with Michelin is a long-standing success story. Koenigsegg cars have set multiple records over the years for top speed, acceleration and at racetracks around the world. All of those records have been set using Michelin tires. We thank Michelin for their ongoing support and look forward to many successful years working together.”
The Koenigsegg Agera RS will be on display at the Michelin stand for the entire 2018 NAIAS, beginning with press days on January 14-16 through the public showing from January 20 to 29.